Thanks to the Pepper Pod’s Amy Regalado, chef, and David Martin, owner, for submitting their photos of the historic restaurant located in Hudson. The Peppers family built the establishment in 1913. During World War II, the restaurant began serving buffalo (bison) meat due to a shortage of beef – they even kept a buffalo in pens behind the restaurant. To learn more about Hudson’s history and to view the historic photos, please visit the History of Weld County Towns section of this site!
Images on loan courtesy of the Martin-Regalado Family.